Can I modify my vehicle or add accessories not authorized
by Nissan? >>
No. You are responsible for properly using, maintaining, and caring for your Nissan as outlined in
manual and your Nissan Service and Maintenance Guide. Keep copies of all maintenance records and
potential review by Nissan. Failure to do so could result in the denial of warranty coverage.
How often do I take my Nissan for service? >>
Your New Nissan Vehicle Warranty does not cover repairs for damage or condition which are the cause
or using of non-genuine Nissan accessories available at the time you ordered or purchased your new
Nissan, as well
as after purchase from your Nissan authorized dealer.
Information Service Parts & Accessories >>
- When is the effective date of the parts warranty extension?
- 1st December 2015.
However, official announcement to public will be commencing on 2nd Jan 2016.
- What is the extension period for the parts warranty?
- 12 months or 20,000KM
whichever comes first.
- What are the applicable parts?
- All genuine Nissan service replacement parts and
accessories except for normal maintenance items (i.e: Oil Filter, Washer, Spark Plug, Brake
Pad/Shoe, Belting, Lubricants, etc.)
- What's the different between parts warranty and NEW vehicle manufacturer
- Parts Warranty : Effective from the date of installation (Repair
Order Data) on the Nissan vehicle at authorised service dealers.
- New Vehicle Manufacturer Warranty : Effective from the date of purchase ( Final
Invoice ) on the Nissan vehicle at authorised sale dealers.
- What if the part I replaced (i.e Shock Absorber) still under NEW vehicle manufacturer,
does the parts warranty apply?
- NO. Authorised service dealer will claim the
part under NEW vehicle manufacturer warranty as long as the warranty still valid.
- If the part I replaced (i.e Shock Absorber) one day before my NEW vehicle warranty
expired, does the parts warranty apply on the next day?
- YES. However, the
balance days of the parts warranty will be applied.